Tablets, film tablets and dragées are the conventional and most common dosage form for this type of products.
Advantages of Tablets
- Variety of form, colour and size.
- Large variety concerning possible compositions (layering, granulation).
- Coating with film or lacquer possible (colour-coordinated design for more acceptance, distinction, odour and flavour seal, improvement of swallowing, enteric-coated).
- Sustained release.
- Able to withstand extreme stress.
- Sugar coating (also sugar-free for tooth protection).